Our experienced team at Valor Mechanical are dedicated to innovation and collaboration. We employ some of the best in the industry, provide competitive pay, excellent benefits, and all of the training and equipment you’ll need to get the job done with the integrity and quality that Valor strives for. If you are motivated and eager to learn in a progressive environment, we want to hear from you for our Mechanical Project Manager or Mechanical Estimator positions.
Mechanical Project Manager
The project manager oversees multiple projects and performs managerial duties such as:
- Completing and processing project documents and information.
- Monitoring and appropriately projecting job costs.
- Scheduling and providing support and leadership to those on the field team.
- Deliver each assignment as a quality project that is finished on time and within budget.
- Provide leadership, share technical expertise with team members, and direct the team to ensure the success of all projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide leadership and share technical expertise with other team members.
- Conduct regular job-site walk-throughs and reviews using check-lists to guide the process.
- Review, negotiate, and modify customer contracts for accuracy prior to execution.
- Conduct pre-job and planning meetings to ensure all team members understand contract terms and conditions, schedules, and any other requirements pertaining to the project.
- Document planning meeting results and ensure all agenda items are completed by set deadline.
- Perform and coordinate the execution of accurate estimates and proposals related to change orders.
- Investigate potentially serious job difficulties and implements a plan to solve them.
- Knowledge of the building mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and construction systems.
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other employee safety regulations required.
- Above average computer skills and advanced knowledge of construction technology (examples: Fastest, Plan Grid, Autocad) and computer programs, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. (No exceptions).
- Ability to perform duties in a variety of environmental conditions and with hazardous materials with proper safety equipment required.
- Ability to manage project to time and project budget goals.
- Ability to estimate and create change orders and/or new proposals, as well as bidding and estimating experience.
- 5 years of project management experience in the construction industry preferred
(2 years minimum experience required to apply).
- Two-year degree in construction management or similar discipline preferred
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Insurance plans, retirement packages and paid time off are all included. All applicants MUST have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle in operating condition.
Compensation is based upon experience.
To be considered for the position, please send your resume and 3 references to email@example.com.