Valor Mechanical has teamed with Federated Insurance and is currently monitoring federal, state, and local recommendations and best practices to ensure the highest levels of safety and wellbeing. With these recommendations and best practices in mind, we’ve created Valor Mechanical’s Service Department COVID-19 Response Plan.
TAKING THE SERVICE CALL
Any office and or field staff who receives a call for service will ask the following questions:
- Who will be present during the service call? How are you/they feeling?
- Have you/anyone in your residence/building been to a high-risk area within the last (2) weeks? If so, where?
- Are you/anyone in your residence/building are currently developing/showing COVID-19 symptoms (Fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc)?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who is currently infected/quarantined?
Valor Mechanical’s technician may be asked similar questions regarding their current health by our customers to gain access to their residence/building. We must be prepared to answer these questions with full transparency. The customer has a right of refusal if they deem Valor Mechanical’s technician to be unfit to enter their residence/building. If service is refused, Valor Mechanical’s technician will notify Valor Mechanical’s office of the customer’s refusal. Valor Mechanical’s office staff will investigate the customer’s concerns and communicate with the client.
COMMUNICATION THROUGHOUT SERVICE CALL
Communication between the customer and technician will be conducted:
Valor Mechanical will instruct the customer that communication will be done via cellphone.
- Valor Mechanical’s technician and the customer will communicate via phone calls and texting as face-to-face interaction is not recommended.
- Valor Mechanical’s technician and the customer will not be in the same room once onsite. If they cannot be in separate rooms, a recommended distance of 10ft should be enforced.
PERFORMING THE SERVICE CALL
Field staff entering the home of a customer will follow the following procedures:
- Valor Mechanical’s technician will communicate with the customer via cellphone to develop a plan of entry to lessen the risk of exposure.
- Valor Mechanical’s technician will ask the customer which door will be used for entry.
- Valor Mechanical’s technician will ask the customer to open all interior doors en route to the service area.
- Valor Mechanical’s technician will ask the customer to relocate any moveable obstructions impeding our ability to safely work within the service area.
- Valor Mechanical’s technician will notify the customer via cellphone that the service has been completed and that it is the customer’s responsibility to close all interior doors and secure the premise.
- Valor Mechanical’s technician will conclude a service call by using truck stock to safely disinfect all tools and equipment used after each service call. (Please see below for a list of recommended COVID-19 truck stock.)
Valor Mechanical’s technician has the right to refuse service due to concerns over unsafe/risky conditions. If Valor Mechanical’s technician deems a call unsafe/risky he/she will notify the office of refusal. At that point, Valor Mechanical’s office staff will contact the customer to notify them of the refusal of service.
Use down time as an opportunity to stock your vehicle with the proper resources mentioned below:
RECOMMENDED COVID-19 TRUCK CLEANING STOCK
- Disinfectant wipes
- Disinfectant spray
- Hand sanitizer(s)
- Eye protection
- Disposal latex gloves
- Disposable gowns, washable rain suit, or coverall suit.
Do NOT cross contaminate personal cleaning stock and truck cleaning stock – Leave your personal cleaning stock at home and your truck cleaning stock in your vehicle as this will help to slow the spread of potential contaminants.
DONNING PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- It’s Valor Mechanical’s recommendation when entering a residential location that the technician dons a disposable gown, washable rain suit, or coverall suit.
- It’s Valor Mechanical’s recommendation that the technician will use his/her best discretion when entering a commercial location – Please note that some locations are going to be more prone to house contaminants than others.
Please remember to take caution and be safe.
Valor Mechanical’s Service Department